Thursday, November 18, 2004

cocktail napkins

So there it is. A new album. I ordered mine on Amazon yesterday. (Please let me know if the link doesn't work. You can, of course, also get the album directly from Hard Soul Records.)Hard Soul sent out an email to the Yahoo group saying that the video had been left off some early prints of the new CD, but that most of the CDs should have the video for "A Dozen Lies" on it. I can't wait to get it!

I did a random google for the man and found an article in the Sacramento News & Review. The writer must've done a phone interview with him or something. It's the most press I've seen about Mark...um....ever. It's good to see. Here's the link.

Happy listening, fellow curryers. There doesn't seem to be a fan website anywhere for Mark, so by all means, everyone is welcome to post what s/he thinks of the album on this page if they have the urge.

justin


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I picked up Dozen Lies today at Tower and am so happy to know Mark is back in the game. I was surprised that Bobms Away and Merry-go-round (which are on the Hard Souls website) are not on the album.

And it is just personal preference, but I like the "find a friend" versions of the duplicated songs than the lower-tech, extra background vocals versions on Dozen Lies. DZ is worhtwhile if you're a fan of Mark, and I'm sure it will grow on me, but I guess I was expecting a "harder" sound (like find a friend/down my alley). No complaints though, just happy to hear something from him after so long!!

Keep up the website, as I'd love to know about upcoming gigs, etc...

Sam

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home