Friday, April 08, 2005

ironsides, m-bar and the vacant (?) tower

For those who wander here and haven't yet heard, Mark is playing a show at Old Ironsides on Friday, April 22nd. Somebody emailed me to let me know that he isn't playing with Hell's House Band, but I'm not entirely sure what that means.

Shaun Mitchell, drummer for HHB, sent a couple of emails out to the markcurry yahoo group shortly after a show in LA at M-Bar. He said that they had had a great rehearsal the night before the show, but that the show was only so-so. Did anyone see this show? I'd love to hear about it. Were Kenny and El Hefe present?

I don't know what happened to the gig at Tower Records. The word was that the date was pushed back to avoid St. Patrick's Day and then to incorporate it with a small tour. I haven't heard anything more since then, but if Mark will be in Sac on 4/22, then you can probably bet that a Tower gig will be around that time as well. (Would you want to drive eight hours one way and not multitask your shows?)

On the side, I had a chance to grab some coffee and hang out for a bit with Shaun Mitchell. He played drums on the "Dozen Lies" CD as well as a couple of tracks on "Let the Wretched Come Home". Shaun had a lot of great stories and MC paraphrenelia as well. (I hope I spelled that right.) He sent an email out to the markcurry yahoo group that mentioned a couple of videos. He played them for me--there was a video for "Don't Die" and one for "High Above the River" that was directed by Kiefer Sutherland, of all people.

All's well that ends well. If anybody hears anymore news about MC let me know.

j




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home